Skip directly to searchSkip directly to the site navigationSkip directly to the page's main content

Available Services for Births from unintended pregnancies

Family planning services are available in Utah from several sources: community health centers, Planned Parenthood Association of Utah clinics, Family Planning Elevated, private providers, and pharmacies. Utah law requires unmarried minors' parental consent to obtain contraception information and services from community health centers and clinics. Utah law allows pharmacies to dispense (through a statewide standing order issued by the Utah Department of Health and Human Services) or prescribe three contraception types - pills, patch, or ring. People 18 years and older can go to any participating pharmacy to receive their pills, patch, or ring directly from the pharmacist. For more information, see As of August 1, 2012, non-grandfathered plans and Medicaid provide coverage for preventive women's health care, including contraception and counseling, without cost-sharing. Begining January 1, 2022, a pharmacist my prescribe self-administered hormonal contraception - pills, patch, or ring - to people 18 years and older. Call your pharmacy for more information. Women's health and maternal health information and education are available from the Utah Department of Health and Human Services Maternal and Infant Health Program at Preconception and interpregnancy health information are available from the Utah Department of Health and Human Services at Follow Power Your Life on: Facebook: Instagram:

The information provided above is from the Utah Department of Health and Human Services IBIS-PH web site ( The information published on this website may be reproduced without permission. Please use the following citation: " Retrieved Sun, 21 July 2024 22:25:00 from Utah Department of Health and Human Services, Indicator-Based Information System for Public Health Web site: ".

Content updated: Wed, 26 Jun 2024 10:27:17 MDT